OpenAI’s trademark application for GPT-5 includes new functionalities.
OpenAI filed a trademark application for the term “GPT-5” on July 21. The entry can be seen on the third-party USPTO searching tool. As per the application, the trademark registration covers downloadable computer programs and downloadable computer software for:
- Using language models
- The artificial production of human speech and text
- Natural language processing, generation, understanding, and analysis
- Machine-learning-based language and speech-processing software
- The translation of text or speech from one language to another
- Sharing datasets for the purpose of machine learning, predictive analytics, and building language models
- Conversion of audio data files into text
- Voice and speech recognition
- Creating and generating text
- Developing, running, and analyzing algorithms that are able to learn to analyze, classify, and take actions in response to exposure to data
- Developing and implementing artificial neural networks
The filing hasn’t been assigned to an examiner yet.
As per the filing, this is all we know. There has been no official announcement about the next LLM from OpenAI. What this hints at is that the company might be gearing up for the launch of the next iteration, naturally called the GPT-5.
The story was published first by Windows Latest.
Featured image credit: Getty Images