8 more companies joined the White House AI safety accord to manage AI risk (Adobe, Nvidia, IBM, Palantir, Stability.ai, Salesforce, Scale AI, and Cohere). Previously, OpenAI, Google, Meta, Microsoft, Inflection AI, Anthropic, and Amazon committed to the White House.
- Sam Altman back at OpenAI after Microsoft hires him, fires board that ousted himThe drama concludes and Sam Altman goes back to OpenAI, not as a board member, and fires the previous board except one.
- Microsoft unveils two custom AI chipsMicrosoft has finally unveiled its custom AI accelerator and a processor for LLM and AI inferencing workloads.
- Sam Altman fired from OpenAI: “Not consistently candid in his communications”Sam Altman fired by OpenAI’s board over lack of communication, talks reportedly ongoing to bring him back.
- Elon Musk’s ChatGPT competitor Grok revealedxAI’s new chatbot Grok is based on the LLM Grok-1, will compete with ChatGPT, and will be available to Twitter/X Premium+ users.
- AI grades rare cancer’s severity 38% betterAI algorithm proves to be more reliable than biopsies and lab analyses in determining the severity of sarcoma.
- The Beatles release new song made with machine learningPaul McCartney and Ringo Starr used machine learning to piece together a final song using John Lennon’s lo-fi recordings.
- China, US, and EU agree to work toward AI safetyThe Bletchley Declaration signed in Britain brings China alongside the US and the EU to work toward AI safety.
- Apple plans notable AI features in the next WatchThe upcoming Apple Watch will use AI to detect health issues as they happen.
- Google to invest $2B in AnthropicGoogle follows its $300M investment and Amazon’s $4B commitment with a new $2B investment into Anthropic, the company behind Claude 2.
- ChatGPT Plus update allows users to access all tools in all chatsNew ChatGPT Plus update brings all tools together, including DALL-E, Code Interpreter, document upload, data analysis, and web search.
- AI neural network displays human-like capacity in languageIn a scientific breakthrough, scientists create an AI neural network that matches human performance in language learning.
- Google Gemini leaked in a Medium blog postA Medium blog post has leaked several screenshots hinting at the possible features of Google’s upcoming LLM Gemini, that will replace PaLM 2.